Sunday, October 19, 2008

Monday, September 22, 2008
Knitted - Seafoam Green Star Afghan

Becky is turning 17 in October so I thought I would make her a lap afghan, she is always cold...Mom made me a lap quilt a few years ago for Christmas and I love the size and it is so beautiful, she inspired me! I found this pattern on Ravelry as a baby blanket. The designer took a German Doily Pattern published in 1912, and adapted it to a afghan. I just kept adding more yarn, kept knitting and came up with this beautiful creation. When you sit if is from your neck draped down to your toes, and it is a circle no corners. I hope she likes it I took it to "A Strand of Purls" my favorite knitting shop so I wouldn't be tempted to give it to her early. Laura the owner has it on display with other items to show the yarns she has for sale. I love going there and know that everyone is happy to see you. I go for the knitting club and whenever I need to escape my life and be with wonderful and kind people, I am continually amazed at how nice everyone is...because it really is hard to find a true friend.

No comments: